Updated Apr 2, 2014 - 12:50 pm
D-backs GM: No character flaws in Paul Goldschmidt
The NL MVP runner-up batted .302, hit 36 home runs and drove in 125 runs on his way to winning Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards and was also named to his first All-Star game.
According to D-backs GM Kevin Towers, it's not only what he does on the field, but it's what he does off of it that makes him unique.
"I have not found a flaw in this guy," Towers told Doug and Wolf of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Every day it's something else."
Towers recalled when Goldschmidt took time after batting practice to meet and sign autographs for a little league team from Austin, Texas also named the Diamondbacks. The experience with the first baseman turned them into die-hard D-backs fans.
The news of Goldschmidt's class act even made its way to the D-backs front office.
"I walked into Derrick Hall's office and I said, ‘This is unbelievable,'" Towers said.
"It is incredible what he does on the field and who he is as a person. That's just who he is and we are incredibly, incredibly fortunate to have Paul Goldschmidt wearing that Diamondback uniform because he is an incredible role model."
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.