D-backs send Patrick Corbin to 60-day DL; claim outfielder Roger Kieschnick off waivers
Corbin underwent Tommy John Surgery on March 25, and was placed on the 15-day disabled list on March 30 (retroactive to March 19).
In addition, the D-backs claimed outfielder Roger Kieschnick off waivers from the San Francisco Giants and optioned him to Triple-A Reno.
The 27-year-old spent time in Triple-A Fresno last year, where he hit .273. He appeared in 38 games last season for the Giants, batting .202 with five runs batted in.
Kieschnick was looking to make the Giants roster this season, but was designated for assignment earlier this spring after hitting only .172 and striking out 13 times in 34 plate appearances.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.