D-backs, Dodgers moving past 'pool-gate'
The question now becomes will all the right things be done between the two clubs. In other words, will everyone behave themselves and act in the right manner?
That remains to be seen.
And even if things are quiet this weekend, will they stay quiet for the rest of the season?
It's been 204 days since the Dodgers' celebratory dip in the pool after having clinched the NL West title with a 7-6 victory over the Diamondbacks.
"That was last year," manager Kirk Gibson said.
And keep in mind the two division rivals played nice three times in spring training and twice in Australia when they were travel partners to open the 2014 regular season.
But now do the batting gloves come off as the Dodgers make their first appearance in the ballpark where they caused such uproar, both locally and nationally?
"I don't," answered Dodgers manager Don Mattingly when asked if he expected any D-backs' retribution.
"Seems like incidents are here one year and they're gone the next unless something fires it up. I don't think it's going to be something that's going to have any residual effects. We played them in Australia. We played them in spring training. We're going to play them a lot this year. Anything can happen, but I'm not really looking for anything to happen."
Neither is Gibson.
"I know it's great for you guys to talk about it," he said. "Nothing has changed. Nobody liked the fact they jumped in our pool. It's not life changing though. We need to beat the Dodgers as they are this year. They're a very good team. They're very well managed. They're very well coached. And that's what our focus is on. Nothing more. There's nothing extra."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.