D-backs prospect Archie Bradley impresses in second start of season
Top prospect Archie Bradley went seven innings, allowing three hits and two runs while striking out five on Friday for the Triple-A Reno Aces in his second start of the season. Bradley had an up-and-down spring, but was dominant at times for the D-backs.
Bradley retired the first nine hitters he faced on Friday, though he ultimately was tagged with a loss as the Aces' offense went dormant facing the El Paso Chihuahuas in Tucson.
Bradley will likely remain in Triple-A until the end of April at the earliest, when his arbitration eligibility will be delayed by a full season -- meaning he would be under team control for an additional year over if he were promoted now.
Bradley earned a win in his Triple-A debut earlier this week, allowing four hits and striking out three over five shutout innings. He has a 1.50 ERA over his first two starts with a WHIP of 0.66.
The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder was a first-round pick of the D-backs in the 2011 draft. The 21-year-old signed with the D-backs rather than taking a football scholarship to play quarterback at the University of Oklahoma.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.