D-backs prospect Archie Bradley impresses in second start of season
Top prospect Archie Bradley went seven innings, allowing three hits and two runs while striking out five on Friday for the Triple-A Reno Aces in his second start of the season. Bradley had an up-and-down spring, but was dominant at times for the D-backs.
Bradley retired the first nine hitters he faced on Friday, though he ultimately was tagged with a loss as the Aces' offense went dormant facing the El Paso Chihuahuas in Tucson.
Bradley will likely remain in Triple-A until the end of April at the earliest, when his arbitration eligibility will be delayed by a full season -- meaning he would be under team control for an additional year over if he were promoted now.
Bradley earned a win in his Triple-A debut earlier this week, allowing four hits and striking out three over five shutout innings. He has a 1.50 ERA over his first two starts with a WHIP of 0.66.
The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder was a first-round pick of the D-backs in the 2011 draft. The 21-year-old signed with the D-backs rather than taking a football scholarship to play quarterback at the University of Oklahoma.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.