D-backs again fall to Dodgers behind another poor start: By The Numbers
The Arizona Diamondbacks again fell in an early hole to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. Trevor Cahill again failed to finish five innings.
Then the D-backs lost their fifth straight game to Los Angeles, falling 8-6 to drop to 1-8 at home this season.
Here's a closer look at the loss, By The Numbers:
Eric Chavez's third-inning solo home run marked the first time he's gone deep in his second season with the D-backs.
Dodgers shortstop Dee Gordon racked up four stolen bases against the D-backs Sunday, three of which came against Trevor Cahill -- two on back-to-back pitches -- and another against Randall Delgado that came as Delgado wasn't paying attention while tidying up the mound area.
The Diamondbacks have dropped five straight games to the Dodgers to start the 2014 seasons, and none of them have been particularly close, with the D-backs losing by an average of three runs per game.
Cahill has complied a 9.17 ERA over his four starts this season while compiling an 0-4 record. Opposing batters are hitting better than .350 against Cahill, and he allows more than two baserunners per inning.
Noted D-backs killer Adrian Gonzalez racked up 10 RBIs in the three-game series after entering with four on the season. He hit a home run in each of the three games.
The Dodgers jumped out to 13 runs worth of early leads in the series, grabbing leads of 4-0, 4-0 and 5-0 in each of the three games.
Arizona's .267 win percentage ranks it dead last among MLB teams -- 30 out of 30.
Goldschmidt's fielding error was his first since August 11 of last year -- a span of 245 days. The Dodgers added a run on the Gold Glove winner's miscue.
D-backs slugger Mark Trumbo reached the 300-RBI milestone for his career with his seventh-inning home run, which knocked in RBIs number 300, 301 and 302.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.