D-backs prospect Chase Anderson named Pitcher of the Week
Mobile BayBears pitcher Chase Anderson was named the Southern League Pitcher of the Week for April 3-13.
Anderson is 2-0 and has yet to give up a run this season.
The D-backs pitching prospect leads the Southern League in wins, earned run average, innings pitched, WHIP, and batting average against, after the first week of the season. Batters are only hitting .125 against Anderson.
In the opening game of the season, the right hander only allowed one hit and struck out six batters in six innings on the mound.
His next start was just as impressive, as he struck out six in six shutout innings to earn a win in the home opener.
Anderson was selected by the D-backs in the 9th round of the 2009 MLB June Amateur Draft from the University of Oklahoma.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.