Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
The team announced Friday it had reinstated the outfielder from the 15-day disabled list. In a corresponding move, the team designated relief pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment.
Ross, 30, suffered a dislocated hip on Aug. 11 while running to first base. It cut his first season as D-back short, and he finished the campaign batting .278 with eight home runs and 38 RBI. In nine rehab games with Triple-A Reno this season, he hit .290 with one double and seven RBI.
The 31-year-old Rowland-Smith appeared in six games this season, posting an ERA of 4.91 in 7.1 innings of work.
And in a non-related move, the team outrighted right-handed pitcher Alex Sanabia to Reno Thursday.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.