Updated Apr 19, 2014 - 12:00 am
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
The Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder quickly accelerated through his rehabilitation process and was activated Friday, prior to his team's three-game series in Los Angeles versus the division-rival Dodgers.
Ross had previously played in nine games for the Triple-A Reno Aces to ease his way into game form, hitting .290 with a double, seven RBI and a .313 on-base percentage.
The Diamondbacks, who entered play Friday with a 4-14 record, having scored just five runs in their previous eight games, were in need of a spark as they took the Dodger Stadium field.
In his season debut on Friday, Ross was unable to provide that spark, going 0-for-5 by hitting into three groundouts, flying out once and once getting called out on strikes in the Diamondbacks' .
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.