Updated Apr 19, 2014 - 12:00 am
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
The Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder quickly accelerated through his rehabilitation process and was activated Friday, prior to his team's three-game series in Los Angeles versus the division-rival Dodgers.
Ross had previously played in nine games for the Triple-A Reno Aces to ease his way into game form, hitting .290 with a double, seven RBI and a .313 on-base percentage.
The Diamondbacks, who entered play Friday with a 4-14 record, having scored just five runs in their previous eight games, were in need of a spark as they took the Dodger Stadium field.
In his season debut on Friday, Ross was unable to provide that spark, going 0-for-5 by hitting into three groundouts, flying out once and once getting called out on strikes in the Diamondbacks' .
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?