Updated Apr 23, 2014 - 11:22 am
The Yoke of Leadership
Sorry, Martin Prado, but you have got to field that grounder…and 5 errors already? All apologies Trevor Cahill, but the only area you have been consistent is in your inconsistency. Sorry, Aaron Hill, but .209 is not going to cut it…
When it comes to assigning blame to the D-backs debacle, I blame the guys that are between the white lines; they're all not getting it done and I would wager these guys would be the first ones to tell you that. Hopefully.
As a former player, the notion of blaming a coach or general manager for my performance makes me want to projectile vomit. I would never blame my coach/manager for my poor performance. It's a craven way to live: blame others for my failings!
And I wonder who the leaders are in the clubhouse? Who is stepping up? Who is playing well? Who is playing well and offering a dead-level stare at his teammates? Who is challenging their teammates to figurative (or literal) fight?
There is only one player that meets the criteria of leading the Diamondbacks: Paul Goldschmidt. He's playing well despite the malaise around him; he is recognized as the organization's best player; he has the diamond-cred to speak up.
With great power comes great responsibility…even if you're a great guy.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.