Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
An MRI revealed Trumbo has a stress fracture in the third metatarsal of his left foot. The imaging also revealed, according to Trumbo, some plantar fascia that he was already aware of.
In his first season with Arizona, Trumbo was tied for the National League lead with 7 home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
Kieschnick, 27, was hitting .281 (18-for-64) in Reno, with 3 home runs and 8 RBI. He was claimed off waivers from San Francisco in early April. Kieschnick, who will be in the lineup Thursday vs. the Cubs in the series finale, has a career Major League average of .202 (18-for-95).
He was originally a third-round pick of the Giants in 2008 out of Texas Tech.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.