Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
An MRI revealed Trumbo has a stress fracture in the third metatarsal of his left foot. The imaging also revealed, according to Trumbo, some plantar fascia that he was already aware of.
In his first season with Arizona, Trumbo was tied for the National League lead with 7 home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
Kieschnick, 27, was hitting .281 (18-for-64) in Reno, with 3 home runs and 8 RBI. He was claimed off waivers from San Francisco in early April. Kieschnick, who will be in the lineup Thursday vs. the Cubs in the series finale, has a career Major League average of .202 (18-for-95).
He was originally a third-round pick of the Giants in 2008 out of Texas Tech.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.