Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
An MRI revealed Trumbo has a stress fracture in the third metatarsal of his left foot. The imaging also revealed, according to Trumbo, some plantar fascia that he was already aware of.
In his first season with Arizona, Trumbo was tied for the National League lead with 7 home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
Kieschnick, 27, was hitting .281 (18-for-64) in Reno, with 3 home runs and 8 RBI. He was claimed off waivers from San Francisco in early April. Kieschnick, who will be in the lineup Thursday vs. the Cubs in the series finale, has a career Major League average of .202 (18-for-95).
He was originally a third-round pick of the Giants in 2008 out of Texas Tech.
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.