Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
An MRI revealed Trumbo has a stress fracture in the third metatarsal of his left foot. The imaging also revealed, according to Trumbo, some plantar fascia that he was already aware of.
In his first season with Arizona, Trumbo was tied for the National League lead with 7 home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
Kieschnick, 27, was hitting .281 (18-for-64) in Reno, with 3 home runs and 8 RBI. He was claimed off waivers from San Francisco in early April. Kieschnick, who will be in the lineup Thursday vs. the Cubs in the series finale, has a career Major League average of .202 (18-for-95).
He was originally a third-round pick of the Giants in 2008 out of Texas Tech.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.