Diamondbacks to be without Mark Trumbo for 'lengthy' period of time
Friday, it was confirmed he is going to be out significantly longer than that.
"The CT scan hasn't been read yet, but we know regardless it's going to be lengthy," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said before Friday's game against the Philadelphia Phillies. "I don't know exactly what to tell you at this time."
Trumbo himself said the injury will likely keep him out at least six weeks, which means the D-backs will have to try and salvage the season without their leader in both home runs and RBI.
In his first season with the Diamondbacks after being acquired in a three-team deal from the L.A. Angels, Trumbo is hitting .210 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?