Diamondbacks to be without Mark Trumbo for 'lengthy' period of time
Friday, it was confirmed he is going to be out significantly longer than that.
"The CT scan hasn't been read yet, but we know regardless it's going to be lengthy," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said before Friday's game against the Philadelphia Phillies. "I don't know exactly what to tell you at this time."
Trumbo himself said the injury will likely keep him out at least six weeks, which means the D-backs will have to try and salvage the season without their leader in both home runs and RBI.
In his first season with the Diamondbacks after being acquired in a three-team deal from the L.A. Angels, Trumbo is hitting .210 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.