Arizona Diamondbacks acquire pitcher Lucas Harrell from Astros
Harrell, 28, was 0-3 with a 9.49 ERA in three starts for the Astros this season. He allowed 14 runs -- 13 earned -- in 12.1 innings while walking nine and striking out nine.
Last season he was 6-17 with a 5.86 ERA, but in 2012 Harrell posted an 11-11 record with a 3.76 ERA.
#Dbacks Gibson on acquiring RHP Lucas Harrell from Astros, "The reports say he's still got a pretty good arm"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) April 28, 2014
#Dbacks Gibson continued about Harrell---who will report to Triple-A Reno---"We're looking for (starting pitching) depth for sure"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) April 28, 2014
Harrell, who made his Major League debut with the Chicago White Sox, owns a career 18-33 record with a 4.84 ERA.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.