The Pulse: Fans anticipate sweeping changes with D-backs
Recently, we asked about the leadership of the struggling Arizona Diamondbacks.
Who will work for the Diamondbacks on Opening Day 2015?
Your options: Manager Kirk Gibson, general manager Kevin Towers, both or neither.
The responses weren't all that optimistic.
A whopping 539 of 876 total voters anticipate that neither man will be with the Diamondbacks next season, after back-to-back 81-81 seasons and a major league-worst start in 2014.
After Monday's series opener loss to the Colorado Rockies, the Diamondbacks found themselves with a 2-14 home record, just 8-21 on the season.
Meanwhile, 12 percent of fans (104 total) anticipate Towers and Gibson returning in 2015.
Another 207 had Towers departing and Gibson staying, while just 26 (three percent) foresaw the opposite scenario.
Towers has been the Diamondbacks general manager since 2010, when Gibson served as the team's interim manager in preparation for a National League Manager of the Year award in 2011.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.