Updated Apr 30, 2014 - 2:43 pm
D-backs recall Ender Inciarte, option Roger Kieschnick to Reno
This will be Inciarte's second stint in the Majors, but first with the D-backs. In 2013, he made the Philadelphia Phillies' Opening Day roster after being a 2012 Rule 5 Draft pick, but did not appear in a game and was returned to the D-backs on April 4.
Inciarte is hitting .312 with 22 runs scored, two home runs, 12 runs batted in and seven stolen bases in 26 games with the Aces. He extended his hitting streak to eight games last night and has batted .364 during the streak.
The 23-year-old was dubbed by Baseball America as the D-backs' "Fastest Baserunner" and "Best Outfield Arm" in their 2014 Best Tools Survey.
Kieschnick, 27, appeared in four games for the D-backs this season, and was held hitless in seven at-bats after being claimed by the D-backs off waivers on April 14.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.