Updated May 5, 2014 - 3:12 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' Chris Owings named N.L. Rookie of the Month
MLB announced Monday that the 22-year-old earned the award for his play during March and April, where he hit .313 with five doubles and four stolen bases in 28 games.
Owings is the second D-backs hitter to earn the award, joining Gerardo Parra, who did so in May 2009. Pitchers Daniel Hudson and Wade Miley were also named rookies of the month in their first season, with Hudson doing so in August 2010 and Miley in April 2012.
Other rookies to receive votes were pitchers David Hale (Atlanta) and Tommy Kahnle (Colorado), along with Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati) and Tony Sanchez (Pittsburgh).
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.