The Pulse: D-backs rookie shortstop Chris Owings already winning over fans
Recently, we asked what you think of Arizona Diamondbacks rookie shortstop Chris Owings.
It's safe to say that he's made a strong first impression.
Out of 738 votes, 61 percent of you said that Owings is not bad and clearly has potential, while another 31 percent said he's great and the shortstop of the future.
The remaining 9 percent were split between those who thought Owings "could be better," and who think Didi Gregorius should be manning shortstop for the D-backs.
Owings is hitting .298 with a home run and four RBIs after winning a shortstop competition with Gregorius in the spring. The former first-round pick has eight extra-base hits this season, and has played mostly solid defense at shortstop.
Owings hit .291 over 55 at-bats while being up with the D-backs for a 20-game stint to finish the 2013 season, and has appeared in 33 of Arizona's 37 games to open the 2014 campaign.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.