Anderson, D-backs capture series win over White Sox: By The Numbers
The latest chapter of that was Sunday.
Chase Anderson turned in 5.1 dominant innings in his MLB debut, Gerardo Parra and Miguel Montero both homered and the D-backs led coast-to-coast in a 5-1 win over the Chicago White Sox that sealed their third-straight series victory.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
The win marked Anderson's first in the big leagues, as he tossed 5.1 innings, allowing just two hits and a run while striking out six in his MLB debut.
It took the D-backs just two batters to capture a lead in Sunday's game. After Parra led off the game with a flukey triple on a fly ball to left-center field, Martin Prado drove him in with a two-strike single for an early 1-0 lead.
Arizona has now won its last three series -- the last two of which came after dropping the series opener. The D-backs have taken series from the Padres, Brewers and White Sox -- all three on the road -- to start May. This is the first time Arizona has won three consecutive series since June 2012.
Four of the D-backs' five runs came courtesy of a pair of two-run homers from who may be the team's best hitters this month -- Montero and Parra. Parra went 2-for-5 with a triple and homer while MOntero went 2-for-2 with a pair of walks to raise his season average to .287.
The D-backs have now won seven of their last 10 games, which dates to a 5-4 win over Colorado on April 30 that avoided a sweep and snapped a four-game skid.
Diamondbacks reliever Brad Ziegler has now made 18 straight scoreless appearances after tossing a perfect eighth, a streak that spans 17.1 innings.
Anderson threw just 74 pitches in his big-league debut, but manager Kirk Gibson opted to replace him with Joe Thatcher after a four-pitch walk with one out in the fifth.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.