Updated May 13, 2014 - 12:02 am
Reed can't close door on Nationals in D-backs loss; By The Numbers
At home, the Arizona Diamondbacks are now a major league-worst 3-16 and their season-low attendance Monday might have reflected their woes, in part.
Addison Reed didn't help the Diamondbacks' cause at home against the visiting Washington Nationals.
After a hard-fought, back-and-forth game, the Diamondbacks closer failed to do his job, giving up a pair of home runs in the ninth and allowing the Nationals to edge out a win, snapping their three-game losing streak.
Here's a closer look at the loss, by the numbers:
Reed blew his second save of the season Monday, falling to 1-3 as his earned run average hiked to 5.03. The Diamondbacks first-year closer has now allowed a National League-most six home runs.
Diamondbacks second baseman Aaron Hill was 3-for-4 with a double Monday, snapping the 0-for-12 slump he carried into the game.
Diamondbacks pitchers allowed four home runs Monday, increasing their major league-most home runs allowed mark to 49.
Embattled former Diamondbacks relief pitcher Heath Bell allowed 12 home runs in 65.1 innings pitched last season; Reed has allowed six in just 19.2 innings in 2014.
A.J. Pollock is 16 for his last 44 with three doubles, two triples and three home runs, good for a red-hot slash line of .364/ .416/ .727.
Brad Ziegler increased his major league-leading scoreless innings streak to 18.1 Monday with a scoreless eighth inning.
The Diamondbacks drew a season-low 16,555 on Monday at Chase Field.
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.