Updated May 14, 2014 - 11:35 am
Arizona Diamondbacks grant Randy Wolf his release
Since then, he went 5-1 with a 4.50 ERA with Triple-A Reno -- solid but not great -- and seemed like it was possible the left-hander could find a role with the big league club.
However, Wolf remained in the minors as the team elected to give Major League starts to younger pitchers in Mike Bolsinger and Chase Anderson.
Likely seeing little chance for a call up, Wolf exercised the out clause in his minor league contract Tuesday and was granted his release by the Diamondbacks.
It has been reported that Wolf has signed a deal with the Miami Marlins.
Wolf is a veteran of 14 Major League seasons with six different teams, compiling a 132-117 record with a 4.20 ERA.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.