Updated May 14, 2014 - 11:35 am
Arizona Diamondbacks grant Randy Wolf his release
Since then, he went 5-1 with a 4.50 ERA with Triple-A Reno -- solid but not great -- and seemed like it was possible the left-hander could find a role with the big league club.
However, Wolf remained in the minors as the team elected to give Major League starts to younger pitchers in Mike Bolsinger and Chase Anderson.
Likely seeing little chance for a call up, Wolf exercised the out clause in his minor league contract Tuesday and was granted his release by the Diamondbacks.
It has been reported that Wolf has signed a deal with the Miami Marlins.
Wolf is a veteran of 14 Major League seasons with six different teams, compiling a 132-117 record with a 4.20 ERA.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.