D-backs fan scores two home run balls
Sitting in the left-center seats at Chase Field on Saturday night, Wright caught a two-run home run by the Los Angeles Dodgers' Yasiel Puig in the third inning and came up with a solo shot by Arizona's Chris Owings in the fifth.
Wright, of Scottsdale, caught Puig's homer on the fly and threw it back onto the field immediately.
"When we sat here I knew this was a pretty good area for a home run to come," Wright said. "I told myself that if a Dodger hits it, especially Puig, that I was immediately going to throw it back. When it was coming in the air I was ready for it. No hesitation and went for it."
There was no hesitation when he came up with Owings' homer, either.
That one came on a carom and Wright gave his fiance a little nudge so he get it.
"It was a few seats down for me and I was trying to get in front of my fiancé to make sure she wouldn't get hit and kind of elbowed her in the process," he said. "It went off the railing and stopped right in front of me feet, so I picked it up and gave it to mom."
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.