Diamondbacks prospect Archie Bradley throwing again after elbow injury
When he reported soreness in his elbow, the Arizona Diamondbacks organization feared it could be serious, but it was found to be just swelling, and general manager Kevin Towers reported everything was structurally intact in Bradley's arm.
Although placed on the DL for seven days, Bradley was to stay idle for two weeks, according to Towers, and the organization hoped the right-hander could get back to pitching in games within a month.
Monday On Twitter, the 21-year-old starter himself reported that he has taken his first important step toward a clean bill of health.
Played catch today and felt no pain at all! Was really good to start throwing again!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 19, 2014
Judging by that announcement, he's just about a week behind the schedule that Towers laid out. Nonetheless, he could be back to competing in games within two weeks, if all goes well.
Bradley had a 1-4 record with 23 strikeouts in five starts with a 5.18 ERA before being sidelined.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.