Diamondbacks prospect Archie Bradley throwing again after elbow injury
When he reported soreness in his elbow, the Arizona Diamondbacks organization feared it could be serious, but it was found to be just swelling, and general manager Kevin Towers reported everything was structurally intact in Bradley's arm.
Although placed on the DL for seven days, Bradley was to stay idle for two weeks, according to Towers, and the organization hoped the right-hander could get back to pitching in games within a month.
Monday On Twitter, the 21-year-old starter himself reported that he has taken his first important step toward a clean bill of health.
Played catch today and felt no pain at all! Was really good to start throwing again!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 19, 2014
Judging by that announcement, he's just about a week behind the schedule that Towers laid out. Nonetheless, he could be back to competing in games within two weeks, if all goes well.
Bradley had a 1-4 record with 23 strikeouts in five starts with a 5.18 ERA before being sidelined.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?