Diamondbacks' pitching prospect Archie Bradley progresses in elbow rehabilitation
The 21-year-old right-hander announced via Twitter that he threw for the second time from flat ground without pain -- something he did a week ago for the first time since hitting the disabled list last month.
Pain free flat ground today! Bullpen by the end of this week! Feeling strong and healthy!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 26, 2014
At the end of April, the Triple-A Reno pitcher was placed on the 7-day disabled list with soreness in his right elbow. Following the news, the Diamondbacks ordered an MRI for Bradley and general manager Kevin Towers later reported everything was structurally intact in his arm.
Bradley rested without throwing for two weeks following the flare.
After two successful throwing sessions, Bradley is now due for a bullpen session, as he announced in Monday's tweet.
A timetable for his return is currently unknown, although the Diamondbacks originally stated that he could return to the mound as soon as a month following his injury diagnosis.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.