Updated May 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
D-backs Goldschmidt 5th among NL first baseman in initial All-Star voting
The Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez leads all NL first basemen with 349,762 votes. Gonzalez is followed by the Braves' Freddie Freeman (308,961), the Rockies' Justin Morneau (305,327), the Giants' Brandon Belt (228,547) and Goldschmidt (227,854).
Goldschmidt leads the NL -- not just first basemen -- with 30 extra-base hits, while Morneau, Gonazlez, Freeman and Belt have 23, 24, 23 and 13, respectively. He also tops NL first basemen with 38 runs.
Gonzalez paces the group with 12 home runs, with Morneau, Freeman and Goldschmidt all slugging nine so far.
Morneau leads the quintet in batting average (.308) and slugging percentage (.538), while Freeman is in front of the group in on-base percentage (.395). Belt does not have enough plate appearances to be a qualified NL hitter in terms of batting average, on-base percentage and slugging.
Here's how the four rank among the 11 qualified NL first baseman:
Batting average: Morneau (second), Freeman (third), Goldschmidt (fourth) and Gonzalez (fifth).
On-base percentage: Freeman (second), Goldschmidt (fourth), Morneau (fifth) and Gonzalez (sixth).
Slugging percentage: Morneau (first), Freeman (second), Goldschmidt (third) and Gonzalez (fourth).
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?