The Pulse: Cody Ross needs to step up for D-backs in A.J. Pollock's absense
On Monday, we asked you to who the Arizona Diamondbacks most need to step up in the absence of outfielder A.J. Pollock, who was lost for 6-8 weeks with a fractured right hand after being hit by a pitch on Saturday.
A total of 470 votes came in, and the results weren't close -- a whopping 50 percent of you voted that outfielder Cody Ross needs to step up for the D-backs, followed by 24 percent who voted for third baseman Martin Prado. Just 12 percent voted for fellow outfielder Gerardo Parra, and 8 percent voted for Paul Goldschmidt, the centerpiece of the D-backs lineup.
Pollock is hitting a team-high .316 while moving around in the Arizona lineup. Ross is hitting a lowly .184 with 28 strikeouts in 103 at-bats, though he suffered a brutal hip injury toward the end of the 2013 season.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.