The Pulse: Cody Ross needs to step up for D-backs in A.J. Pollock's absense
On Monday, we asked you to who the Arizona Diamondbacks most need to step up in the absence of outfielder A.J. Pollock, who was lost for 6-8 weeks with a fractured right hand after being hit by a pitch on Saturday.
A total of 470 votes came in, and the results weren't close -- a whopping 50 percent of you voted that outfielder Cody Ross needs to step up for the D-backs, followed by 24 percent who voted for third baseman Martin Prado. Just 12 percent voted for fellow outfielder Gerardo Parra, and 8 percent voted for Paul Goldschmidt, the centerpiece of the D-backs lineup.
Pollock is hitting a team-high .316 while moving around in the Arizona lineup. Ross is hitting a lowly .184 with 28 strikeouts in 103 at-bats, though he suffered a brutal hip injury toward the end of the 2013 season.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.