Updated Jun 8, 2014 - 10:37 am
D-backs wrap up MLB draft with 30 picks on Saturday
Of their 30 picks on Saturday, the D-backs took 16 pitchers, six infielders, five catchers and three outfielders. Eleven of their picks were players out of high school, while 19 came from colleges -- including two from junior colleges.
Arizona also selected a pair of local products: First baseman Kevin Cron, who went attended Mountain Pointe High School before Texas Christian University, and Pinnacle High School shortstop Gerard Hernandez.
Cron comes from a strong baseball family. His brother C.J. currently plays for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and his father is the D-backs' minor league hitting coordinator. Cron was selected in the third round of the 2011 draft by the Seattle Mariners, but chose to attend TCU before going in the 14th round this year.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.