Updated Jun 8, 2014 - 10:37 am
D-backs wrap up MLB draft with 30 picks on Saturday
Of their 30 picks on Saturday, the D-backs took 16 pitchers, six infielders, five catchers and three outfielders. Eleven of their picks were players out of high school, while 19 came from colleges -- including two from junior colleges.
Arizona also selected a pair of local products: First baseman Kevin Cron, who went attended Mountain Pointe High School before Texas Christian University, and Pinnacle High School shortstop Gerard Hernandez.
Cron comes from a strong baseball family. His brother C.J. currently plays for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and his father is the D-backs' minor league hitting coordinator. Cron was selected in the third round of the 2011 draft by the Seattle Mariners, but chose to attend TCU before going in the 14th round this year.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.