Updated Jun 11, 2014 - 8:29 am
The Pulse: D-backs rookie Chase Anderson will be 'solid starter for years to come'
With five starts under his big league belt, Anderson is a perfect 5-0 -- joining Jared Weaver and Kaz Ishii as the only two pitchers to achieve the feat since 1998.
Although it's safe to say, his accomplishment has been somewhat aided by offensive support -- 31 runs to be exact.
So we at ArizonaSports.com wanted to gauge the impression Anderson has left so far on the Valley during his two months with the D-backs.
Tuesday, we asked readers a simple question: Is the rookie right-hander for real?
Overwhelmingly, the response was in the affirmative.
Of the 596 polled, 51 percent believe Anderson will be a solid starter for years to come.
The next most popular choice 'he'll be a fourth or fifth starter' took in 34 percent of the vote.
And at both ends of the spectrum, the options of 'fluke' and 'ace' were not overly popular, receiving seven and eight percent of votes respectively.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?