D-backs right-hander Trevor Cahill roughed up in brief minor league outing
Three days after being designated for assignment, Cahill made his first appearance with Class-A Advanced Visalia.
Needless to say, things didn't go very well for the 26-year-old.
Cahill, who was 1-6 with a 5.66 ERA in 19 appearances with the big league club so far in 2014, allowed four earned runs on two hits in two innings of work for the Rawhide.
He also struck out four and hit two batters during his brief stint.
Before Thursday's outing, Cahill hadn't pitched in Single-A since 2008. That year he went 5-4 with a 2.78 ERA for the Stockton Ports -- an affiliate for the Oakland Athletics.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.