Updated Jun 13, 2014 - 4:28 pm
Diamondbacks place Ender Inciarte on 7-day concussion DL, recall Tony Campana
Inciarte suffered the injury in the third inning of Thursday's game against the Houston Astros when he was kneed in the head by Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar while attempting to steal second base.
Inciarte stayed in the game a few more innings but was removed as a precautionary measure.
In 34 games with the D-backs this season, Inciarte has hit .205 with two doubles, four RBI and four stolen bases.
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno. In 23 games with the D-backs earlier in the season, Campana hit .160 with one double, one triple, two RBI, four runs scored and four stolen bases.
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?