Updated Jun 13, 2014 - 11:47 pm
Diamondbacks roookie Chase Anderson takes first career loss
That came to an end Friday, when he suffered a loss to his childhood rival, Clayton Kershaw, and the Los Angeles Dodgers in a rematch between the two pitchers.
Since 1998, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim pitcher Jered Weaver and former Dodgers pitcher Kazuhisa Ishii are the only pitchers to have begun their careers 5-0.
Anderson struggled with control Friday, walking four while allowing four hits, but managed to evade a lot of other would-be damage by limiting the Dodgers to just a two-run home run in five frames of work.
But his opponent, a two-time Cy Young winner, outdid him, allowing just one run over 7.0 innings pitched.
Anderson is now 5-1 with a 3.21 ERA on the season.
When he last faced Kershaw and the Dodgers, his team supported him with 18 runs of support. Though accruing 13 hits and a pair of walks Friday, they struggled to plate baserunners in the 4-3 loss.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.