Updated Jun 16, 2014 - 9:08 am
Diamondbacks fall to Haren, Dodgers: By The Numbers
Instead, a bases-clearing double in a four-run fourth for the Dodgers helped Haren beat Josh Collmenter and the Diamondbacks 6-4.
The Diamondbacks got to Haren early, using a leadoff double by shortstop Didi Gregorius and a two-run home run from Paul Goldschmidt to take the lead in the opening frame.
But the Dodgers offense settled in against Collmenter and gave Haren a bases loaded opportunity.
Despite a ninth-inning rally against Kenley Jansen for the second straight night, the Diamondbacks came up short, 6-4.
Here's a look at the loss by the numbers:
Martin Prado is hitting .337 over his last 27 games with three home runs, five doubles, two triples and 16 RBI.
Recently claimed by the Diamondbacks, Jordan Pacheco collected his first hit in Sedona red on Saturday, with a pinch-hit single in the seventh.
Dodgers speedster second baseman Dee Gordon hit his third career home run on Saturday, knocking a line-drive two-run shot out of the park in the third inning.
Prado is now 5-for-10 with three home runs off of Kenley Jansen in his career, thanks to his ninth-inning solo shot to leftfield. He was 3-for-4 with two RBI on Saturday.
Didi Gregorius collected hits seven and eight on Saturday since being recalled earlier this month. He is now batting .296 with seven runs scored, three home runs and a double. His on-base percentage is up to .394.
Paul Goldschmidt collected his 50th RBI of the season with his two-run home run in the first Saturday. Only Giancarlo Stanton has more runs batted in among National League hitters this season, with 54.
Prado's ninth-inning home run was the 1000th hit of his career.
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.