Arizona Diamondbacks place Bronson Arroyo on 15-day DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have placed the pitcher on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tendinitis. It is the first time in the 37-year-old Arroyo's career -- which has spanned 369 starts -- that he has landed on the DL.
Arroyo had been pitching well for the Diamondbacks, winning his last three starts and posting an overall record of 7-4 with a 4.08 ERA.
Signed to a three-year deal before the season, the veteran had become a stabilizing force in the middle of the team's starting rotation.
In a corresponding move, the team recalled outfielder Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno. This will be Kieschnick's second stint with the D-backs after he appeared in four games for the team in late April, where he was hitless in seven at-bats.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.