Arizona Diamondbacks recall Mike Bolsinger, option Will Harris to Triple-A
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Tuesday the team had recalled starting pitcher Mike Bolsinger from Triple-A Reno.
Bolsinger, who went 1-2 with a 6.08 ERA in five appearances (four starts) earlier in the season, will get the first shot at filling in for the veteran right-hander, taking the mound Tuesday night against the Brewers.
Bolsinger's regular turn in the rotation would have had him pitch Monday, and instead of making him wait an exceptionally long time between starts the team decided to push Wade Miley and Chase Anderson's starts back.
"He's been throwing good," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM about Bolsinger. "He's had one game maybe that wasn't very good, that happens from time to time, but overall we just felt that the way it fit in and the best way for our benefit was to bring him in tonight."
To make room for Bolsinger the team sent relief pitcher Will Harris to Reno. The 29-year-old has posted a 0-2 record with a 9.24 ERA in 12.2 innings of work over two stints with the D-backs this season.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.