Arizona Diamondbacks recall Mike Bolsinger, option Will Harris to Triple-A
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Tuesday the team had recalled starting pitcher Mike Bolsinger from Triple-A Reno.
Bolsinger, who went 1-2 with a 6.08 ERA in five appearances (four starts) earlier in the season, will get the first shot at filling in for the veteran right-hander, taking the mound Tuesday night against the Brewers.
Bolsinger's regular turn in the rotation would have had him pitch Monday, and instead of making him wait an exceptionally long time between starts the team decided to push Wade Miley and Chase Anderson's starts back.
"He's been throwing good," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM about Bolsinger. "He's had one game maybe that wasn't very good, that happens from time to time, but overall we just felt that the way it fit in and the best way for our benefit was to bring him in tonight."
To make room for Bolsinger the team sent relief pitcher Will Harris to Reno. The 29-year-old has posted a 0-2 record with a 9.24 ERA in 12.2 innings of work over two stints with the D-backs this season.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.