Updated Jun 18, 2014 - 8:29 am
Milwaukee Brewers comment on Arizona Diamondbacks hitting Ryan Braun with a pitch
After the game the two sides had plenty to say. The D-backs defended their actions (or excused them, depending on your perspective), while the Brewers appeared to either not care or just plain mock their opponents.
Here's a sampling of quotes from after the game:
Lucroy on what he thought when Braun got plunked: "That it's ridiculous, and it's overreacting."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
More Lucroy: "I'm not about revenge or payback. I'm about winning the game."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Ryan Braun: "We responded in the best way we could possibly respond. ... We won the game, which is kind of what our focus is."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Kyle Lohse: "You know what? [The D-backs] won tough-guy points today. But I don't know where the stats are for those."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
More Lohse: "You're going to play tough-guy stuff? Go ahead. We're winning games."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Brewers Braun asked about #Dbacks Gibson's past comments, whether HBP a response to '11, "I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) June 18, 2014
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?