Updated Jun 18, 2014 - 8:29 am
Milwaukee Brewers comment on Arizona Diamondbacks hitting Ryan Braun with a pitch
After the game the two sides had plenty to say. The D-backs defended their actions (or excused them, depending on your perspective), while the Brewers appeared to either not care or just plain mock their opponents.
Here's a sampling of quotes from after the game:
Lucroy on what he thought when Braun got plunked: "That it's ridiculous, and it's overreacting."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
More Lucroy: "I'm not about revenge or payback. I'm about winning the game."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Ryan Braun: "We responded in the best way we could possibly respond. ... We won the game, which is kind of what our focus is."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Kyle Lohse: "You know what? [The D-backs] won tough-guy points today. But I don't know where the stats are for those."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
More Lohse: "You're going to play tough-guy stuff? Go ahead. We're winning games."— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) June 18, 2014
Brewers Braun asked about #Dbacks Gibson's past comments, whether HBP a response to '11, "I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) June 18, 2014
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.