D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt looks to continue dominance of Tim Lincecum
Two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum might have entered the season with a new mustache and a new hairstyle, however one thing hasn't changed for the San Francisco Giants right-hander -- he still can't get Goldschmidt out.
In their last matchup this season, Goldschmidt golfed a 1-1 offering from Lincecum over the right field wall for a three-run shot -- marking just the 22nd time in AT&T Park's 15-year history that a right-handed hitter had ever gone deep to that part of the ballpark.
The long ball was Goldschmidt's second of the season -- both of which came off of Lincecum.
In fact, last season's National League MVP runner-up has 13 hits against Lincecum in 24 career at-bats. And of those 13 hits, seven have cleared the fences.
Goldschmidt's seven home runs off of Lincecum are the most he has against any opposing pitcher. Left-hander Chris Capuano is second on that list by a considerable margin, having allowed three home runs to Goldschmidt in his career.
In fact, Goldschmidt's power prowess when facing the 29-year-old puts him in pretty elite company. Among active players, his 3.43 at-bat/home run ratio against Linecum is the second-highest in all of baseball, falling just short of New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira's 3.14 clip against Kansas City Royals left-hander Bruce Chen.
Paul Goldschmidt's home runs vs. Tim Lincecum (2011-14):
||Distance||Part of Ballpark
|9/25/12||3||3||358 Feet||Left Field
|4/9/14||1||3||340 Feet||Right Field
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.