Updated Jun 20, 2014 - 2:19 pm
Diamondbacks designate J.J. Putz for assignment
Putz, 37, was in the midst of a rocky fourth season with the Diamondbacks, going 1-1 with a 6.59 earned run average in 18 appearances. In three previous seasons, the right-hander pitched to a 2.45 ERA in 146.2 innings pitched while compiling 83 saves -- ranking him second on the franchise's all-time list. His 2.81 ERA with the Diamondbacks is also second on the all-time list.
In 12 seasons in the majors, he had 572 relief appearances, going 37-33 with 189 saves and a 3.08 ERA. Before joining the Diamondbacks, he spent time with the Seattle Mariners, New York Mets and Chicago White Sox.
In a corresponding move, the Diamondbacks reinstated outfielder Ender Inciarte, who was on the seven-day disabled list recovering from a concussion.
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.