D-backs' Trevor Cahill shows some improvement in third minor league start
Sunday night, the 26-year-old took the mound for the Reno Aces against the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and showed a little improvement over his first two starts, although he did struggle with command.
Cahill went 4.1 innings, allowing just two hits and two earned runs. He walked three and struck out four. The first batter he faced, Colorado Springs third baseman Rafael Ynoa, lined a home run to right field to give the Sox a 1-0 lead.
But Cahill settled down and didn't allow another hit until Kyle Parker led off the fourth inning with a single to center. Parker would later be erased on an inning-ending 5-4-3 double play.
When he left with one out in the fifth inning, the game was tied 1-1. Colorado Springs would go on to win 9-5. In the game, Cahill threw 81 pitches, 45 of them for strikes.
In his three minor league starts, Cahill is 0-2 with an 8.68 ERA. He's pitched 9.1 innings, allowing seven hits, 10 runs (9 earned) while striking out 13 and walking four. He's allowed a home run in each appearance.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.