Paul Goldschmidt widens lead at first base in All-Star voting
In the latest round of results released Monday, Goldschmidt has more than 1.9 million votes and a lead of more than 700,000 over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.
Goldschmidt overtook Gonzalez for the first time last week, but led by less than 300,000. Goldschmidt was in fifth when the first results were released in late May.
The slugger is hitting .308 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs for the D-backs, and is the lone Arizona position player to rank among the leading vote-getters. The D-backs haven't had a position player start the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001.
The game will be played at 5 p.m. on Monday, July 14 and the rosters will be revealed the weekend of July 4.
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- A look at the Arizona Diamondbacks' trade deadline acquisitions
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.