Paul Goldschmidt widens lead at first base in All-Star voting
In the latest round of results released Monday, Goldschmidt has more than 1.9 million votes and a lead of more than 700,000 over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.
Goldschmidt overtook Gonzalez for the first time last week, but led by less than 300,000. Goldschmidt was in fifth when the first results were released in late May.
The slugger is hitting .308 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs for the D-backs, and is the lone Arizona position player to rank among the leading vote-getters. The D-backs haven't had a position player start the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001.
The game will be played at 5 p.m. on Monday, July 14 and the rosters will be revealed the weekend of July 4.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?