Paul Goldschmidt widens lead at first base in All-Star voting
In the latest round of results released Monday, Goldschmidt has more than 1.9 million votes and a lead of more than 700,000 over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.
Goldschmidt overtook Gonzalez for the first time last week, but led by less than 300,000. Goldschmidt was in fifth when the first results were released in late May.
The slugger is hitting .308 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs for the D-backs, and is the lone Arizona position player to rank among the leading vote-getters. The D-backs haven't had a position player start the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001.
The game will be played at 5 p.m. on Monday, July 14 and the rosters will be revealed the weekend of July 4.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.