Paul Goldschmidt widens lead at first base in All-Star voting
In the latest round of results released Monday, Goldschmidt has more than 1.9 million votes and a lead of more than 700,000 over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.
Goldschmidt overtook Gonzalez for the first time last week, but led by less than 300,000. Goldschmidt was in fifth when the first results were released in late May.
The slugger is hitting .308 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs for the D-backs, and is the lone Arizona position player to rank among the leading vote-getters. The D-backs haven't had a position player start the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001.
The game will be played at 5 p.m. on Monday, July 14 and the rosters will be revealed the weekend of July 4.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.