Paul Goldschmidt widens lead at first base in All-Star voting
In the latest round of results released Monday, Goldschmidt has more than 1.9 million votes and a lead of more than 700,000 over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.
Goldschmidt overtook Gonzalez for the first time last week, but led by less than 300,000. Goldschmidt was in fifth when the first results were released in late May.
The slugger is hitting .308 with 15 home runs and 52 RBIs for the D-backs, and is the lone Arizona position player to rank among the leading vote-getters. The D-backs haven't had a position player start the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001.
The game will be played at 5 p.m. on Monday, July 14 and the rosters will be revealed the weekend of July 4.
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.