Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Braden Shipley named to 2014 All-Star Futures Game roster
Over the course of nearly two minor league seasons, the right-handed pitcher has gone 5-6 with a 3.97 ERA and quickly developed into one of the organization's top prospects.
This season, over 12 starts with Single-A South Bend and High-A Visalia, Shipley is 5-3 with a 3.41 ERA. He's allowed 67 hits and 21 walks in 71.1 innings of work, while striking out 75.
Because of his efforts, Shipley has been named to the U.S. roster for the 2014 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game.
The game, which is in its 16th year, features some of baseball's top prospects. It will be played on July 13th at Target Field, the site of this year's MLB All-Star Game.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.