Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Braden Shipley named to 2014 All-Star Futures Game roster
Over the course of nearly two minor league seasons, the right-handed pitcher has gone 5-6 with a 3.97 ERA and quickly developed into one of the organization's top prospects.
This season, over 12 starts with Single-A South Bend and High-A Visalia, Shipley is 5-3 with a 3.41 ERA. He's allowed 67 hits and 21 walks in 71.1 innings of work, while striking out 75.
Because of his efforts, Shipley has been named to the U.S. roster for the 2014 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game.
The game, which is in its 16th year, features some of baseball's top prospects. It will be played on July 13th at Target Field, the site of this year's MLB All-Star Game.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.