Updated Jun 25, 2014 - 4:10 pm
D-backs recall RHP Zeke Spruill; Jordan Pacheco lands on disabled list
Spruill, 24, was 3-4 with a 6.75 ERA in 17 games (10 starts) for Reno this season. This will be his second stint in the Majors in 2014. He pitched the second game of a doubleheader against the New York Mets May 25, going 5.1 innings and allowing 10 hits and three earned runs in a 4-2 loss.
Pacheco was claimed off waivers from the Colorado Rockies earlier this month and appeared in eight games for the Diamondbacks, batting .375 (3-for-8) as a pinch-hitter.
In his career, Pacheco is a .282 hitter (250-for-886), with eight homers and 98 runs batted in.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.