D-backs' Derrick Hall: Teams are 'labeling us as sellers, and they should'
The Arizona Diamondbacks, owners of the worst record and biggest standings deficit in the National League, are expected to be active between now and late July.
"I think we're probably going to make a move or two before (the deadline), but I think the others, you usually try to wait and go up until the deadline because your position strength is the longer you wait, you're in a position of power," D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
There are many trade candidates on the Arizona roster, however Hall says the team will be prudent in moving any of them to other teams.
"We're not going to make moves just to make moves," he said. "People are labeling us as sellers, and they should because it doesn't make sense to buy right now when you're in the position we are. We need to get back into the swing of winning series again like we did two or three weeks ago and we fell out of it and got into a funk again.
"(The fans) just need to know now that we're going to make some moves and free up some payroll for next year -- we're going to get right back where we were and restock that cupboard. This is a great opportunity for this organization, and one we haven't been in for a couple years."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?