D-backs' Derrick Hall: Teams are 'labeling us as sellers, and they should'
The Arizona Diamondbacks, owners of the worst record and biggest standings deficit in the National League, are expected to be active between now and late July.
"I think we're probably going to make a move or two before (the deadline), but I think the others, you usually try to wait and go up until the deadline because your position strength is the longer you wait, you're in a position of power," D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
There are many trade candidates on the Arizona roster, however Hall says the team will be prudent in moving any of them to other teams.
"We're not going to make moves just to make moves," he said. "People are labeling us as sellers, and they should because it doesn't make sense to buy right now when you're in the position we are. We need to get back into the swing of winning series again like we did two or three weeks ago and we fell out of it and got into a funk again.
"(The fans) just need to know now that we're going to make some moves and free up some payroll for next year -- we're going to get right back where we were and restock that cupboard. This is a great opportunity for this organization, and one we haven't been in for a couple years."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.