D-backs' Derrick Hall: Teams are 'labeling us as sellers, and they should'
The Arizona Diamondbacks, owners of the worst record and biggest standings deficit in the National League, are expected to be active between now and late July.
"I think we're probably going to make a move or two before (the deadline), but I think the others, you usually try to wait and go up until the deadline because your position strength is the longer you wait, you're in a position of power," D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
There are many trade candidates on the Arizona roster, however Hall says the team will be prudent in moving any of them to other teams.
"We're not going to make moves just to make moves," he said. "People are labeling us as sellers, and they should because it doesn't make sense to buy right now when you're in the position we are. We need to get back into the swing of winning series again like we did two or three weeks ago and we fell out of it and got into a funk again.
"(The fans) just need to know now that we're going to make some moves and free up some payroll for next year -- we're going to get right back where we were and restock that cupboard. This is a great opportunity for this organization, and one we haven't been in for a couple years."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?