Updated Jun 29, 2014 - 5:15 pm
D-backs add infield depth, acquire Ronny Cedeno in trade with Phillies
The D-backs have acquired Ronny Cedeno in exchange for catcher Raywilly Gomez.
Cedeno, who was outrighted by Philadelphia Saturday, played in seven games with the Phillies in 2014, going hitless in nine at-bats.
A career .245 hitter, Cedeno has played parts of 10 big league seasons with the Chicago Cubs, Seattle Mariners, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets, Houston Astros, San Diego Padres and Phillies.
Gomez has spent his entire minor-league career in Arizona's organization and was batting .273 with three home runs and 22 RBI in Double-A Mobile at the time of the trade.
According to MLB.com writer Steve Gilbert, Cedeno will be sent to Triple-A Reno.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.