Updated Jun 29, 2014 - 5:15 pm
D-backs add infield depth, acquire Ronny Cedeno in trade with Phillies
The D-backs have acquired Ronny Cedeno in exchange for catcher Raywilly Gomez.
Cedeno, who was outrighted by Philadelphia Saturday, played in seven games with the Phillies in 2014, going hitless in nine at-bats.
A career .245 hitter, Cedeno has played parts of 10 big league seasons with the Chicago Cubs, Seattle Mariners, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets, Houston Astros, San Diego Padres and Phillies.
Gomez has spent his entire minor-league career in Arizona's organization and was batting .273 with three home runs and 22 RBI in Double-A Mobile at the time of the trade.
According to MLB.com writer Steve Gilbert, Cedeno will be sent to Triple-A Reno.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?