Updated Jun 30, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs' Eric Chavez moved to 60-day DL; thinking about retirement
Chavez has been hampered by a left knee injury all season and was placed on the DL back on June 8. The 17-year veteran was hitting .246 (17-for-69) with three home runs and eight RBI. The six-time Gold Glove winner had started 10 games at third base.
According to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, Chavez has thought about retirement.
"It's a possibility," he said. "I'm never going to say never. For some reason I have this personal rule that when guys retire you've got to be away from the game for two years before you officially say you retired. Because there's too many that come back."
Ahmed made his Major League debut Sunday in a 2-1 loss to the San Diego Padres, going 1-for-3.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.