Updated Jun 30, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs' Eric Chavez moved to 60-day DL; thinking about retirement
Chavez has been hampered by a left knee injury all season and was placed on the DL back on June 8. The 17-year veteran was hitting .246 (17-for-69) with three home runs and eight RBI. The six-time Gold Glove winner had started 10 games at third base.
According to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, Chavez has thought about retirement.
"It's a possibility," he said. "I'm never going to say never. For some reason I have this personal rule that when guys retire you've got to be away from the game for two years before you officially say you retired. Because there's too many that come back."
Ahmed made his Major League debut Sunday in a 2-1 loss to the San Diego Padres, going 1-for-3.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.