Paul Goldschmidt holds on to NL All-Star vote lead at first base
As of Tuesday, he had collected 2,582,955 votes and held a comfortable lead over Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Mark Reynolds, who had accumulated 1,430,395 votes. If Goldschmidt becomes a starter, he will join Jay Bell, Matt Williams and Luis Gonzalez as the only other players in D-backs history to earn a fan election.
Goldschmidt is tied for first in the National League with 28 doubles and 43 extra base hits this season and ranks third with 53 RBIs.
He is also seventh in the N.L. with 15 home runs, but recently said that if he were asked to be a participant in the home run derby, he would decline the invitation.
The All-Star teams will be announced 4 p.m. Sunday on ESPN.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.